The Nigeria Police Force has released important facts the public should know about the newly formed Special Weapon and Tactics (SWAT) unit.
1. No personnel of the defunct SARS will be selected to be part of the new TACTICAL team.
2. Operations of the new TACTICAL team will be strictly intelligence-driven.
3. Members of the new TACTICAL team will by no means embark on routine patrols.
4. Members of the new TACTICAL team are barred from indiscriminate and unlawful search of phones, laptops and other smart gadgets.
5. Operatives of the new TACTICAL team must be free of any pending disciplinary matter especially those touching on misuse of firearms and abuse of human rights.