Connect with us

Gist

6-year-old girl mistakenly set herself ablaze after she mistook petrol for kerosene while practicing cooking with friends

Published

on

A 6-year-old girl has set herself ablaze while practicing cooking with her mates in Abuja.

According to Daily Trust, the girl brought a gallon containing petrol which she thought was kerosene, and emptied the content on the firewood she and her mates had gathered for practicing their cooking skills.

Her father, Christopher Israel, said the minor who is currently admitted at Kubwa General Hospital, is yet to recover from the fire incident which happened two months ago.

The girl, Strong Tochukwu Israel, was initially rushed to a clinic within the community where she was first treated, but with little improvement two months into the incident.

Israel said; “I was advised to take her to the Kubwa General Hospital for another round of treatment two weeks ago.’’