Nigerian actress Oloruntimilehin Bosede Bukola, popularly known as Kiitan Bukola, has moved to a new house days after her previous one was demolished by the government.
Recall that the Lagos State government demolished illegal structures built on canals and waterways along the Gedegede – Mobil road – Megamound Estate – Ikota drainage channels.
Kiitan Bukola, who appeared to have had a property in that area, had her house demolished.
In a recent development, the actress took to her social media to announce that she has finally found a new place to call home.
She also expressed her appreciation to everyone who showed concern throughout her trying time.
She wrote,” Finally got a roof over my head, and settled in an amazing shelter with comfort, thanks to the Amazing people who reached out, called, and texted, I sincerely appreciate it all, God won’t forsake anyone of you, so sorry I missed out on some jobs 🙏, I was disorganized.
NB: That 500m Abi 700m naira house that people especially bloggers are assuming for me that I built God please let it come to pass and by then it won’t be demolished (AMEN)🙏❤️”.
See her post below;
In related news Oloruntimilehin Bosede Bukola popularly known as Kiitan Bukola, has been left distraught after her residence was demolished by the Lagos State Government.
The Lagos State government demolished illegal structures built on canals and waterways along the Gedegede – Mobil road – Megamound Estate – Ikota drainage channels.
Kiitan Bukola who seems to have a property around that axis got her house demolished.
She took to social media to expressed her profound grief and disbelief as she shared video of her demolished property.
She lamented the loss and conveyed her frustration over the sudden turn of events.
She wrote, “Nigeria has finally happened to me 💔. It is well , I am mentally drained ..🥲🥲
See her post below:
The Lagos State Government has embarked on a round of demolition in the Lekki area of Lagos State.
The exercise began on Wednesday as structures causing setbacks along the Ikota drainage channel were demolished.
It was gathered that the owners of the affected structures had been served a series of contravention notices well over two decades ago.
Also affected were similar structures at Gedegede communities in the Lekki Phase 2 area of the state.
Speaking on the demolition on Wednesday, the Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources, Tokunbo Wahab, said it underscored the seriousness of the Sanwo-Olu administration about law and order.
Wahab, who was represented by the Director of Drainage of Enforcement and Compliance, Mahmood Adegbite, said contravention notices were served on the property owners in 2000 when all the structures were at foundation levels.
He said, “They however proved recalcitrant and rebuffed all measures suggested by the government to prevent flooding, sandfilled the setback of the channel preparatory to constructing more structures.”
Wahab urged intending property owners to cooperate with the government and seek information before embarking on any building project to avert a similar form of demolition.