Nigerian actor, Shoneye Olamilekan has urged his colleagues to apply the same energy used in posting tribute messages to the late Murphy Afolabi in his new movie.
Taking to his social media platform , Shoneye wondered about the coldness and quietness of his colleagues towards Murphy Afolabi’s project despite being dead.
The actor who claimed he is not one to seek attention or validation on social media accused Nollywood of not sharing the late actor’s work.
He politely taunted them for posting his shocking death on their social media pages but has not hastened to share his works, stating it costs nothing to promote his project.
In his words,”I’m not the type that would come to social media to seek attention or validation, but I feel that the last respect we can give to Murphy Afolabi is reposting his movie for massive awareness! At least we all posted him on our page when his death cake to us was a shock, why not his movie? It costs us absolutely nothing. My take though.”
Recall that Murphy Afolabi died on Sunday, the 14th of May, 2023, after he reportedly slipped on bathroom tiles and hit his head on a hard surface.
See post below;
TIME OF GIST reported earlier that Netizens react as the last movie produced by late Murphy Afolabi is set to be released.
The trailer for the movie was shared by actor Muyiwa Ademola on his Instagram page which is set to be released on November 20, 2023.
Recall Murphy Afolabi passed away on May 14, 2023, in an accident at home. He reportedly had a fall in the bathroom of his house in Ikorodu, Lagos.
See the trailer below:
Muyiwa Ademola’s post stirred up massive reactions as netizens expressed their grievances following the unfortunate incident that befell the late actor Murphy Afolabi, with many stating how painful it is to lose an icon.
They paid their tribute and applauded him for a job well done on the latest movie, “ALANI OMO IYA OSHOGBO,” he directed before his unfortunate demise.
See reactions below:
– It’s so painful 😢😢😢😢
– Rest On Legend 😫☹️🤦♂️💔
– God 🙏 Breath,life, Wealth, everything is in your hand 🙌🙌🙌 We stand in Awe of You🙌🙌🙌
– Olawale Murphy Afolabi…..your death still shocking o. This film very powerful
– Ahh Murphy rest in peace, The legend 😍😍
– Rest On Awo Ire ❤️🕊️
– Hmmm Allah kokoro oje kobi gbo continue to rest in perfect peace @murphyafolabi20 hmmmmmm 💔
– 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭may your soul rest in peace my month mate 😭😭😭😭
– I’m watching it cus of him😢😢😢😢. Still painful
– O ga oo,may his soul continue to rest in peace 🕊️🙏
– Hmm….May his continue to RestOn
– May his soul continue to Rest In Peace ☮️
– And sir Murphy Dey write film no be lie dis one go hot m definitely watching with my families
– 😢 I pray god forgive you